Wednesday 12 September 2012

Christmas card competition - the result is in!

So after considerable deliberation and debate we have a winner for the Christmas card competition. Three out of four judges included this in their top three choices - and such was the quality of the entries that no other photograph came close. Lots of the entries were selected by one or two of the judges in their top three so congratulations to all the photographers! 

I (acting as judging coordinator) have to admit I was surprised at this choice at first, as I was, I now think, too predictable in considering the more traditional seasonal plants - especially the photos with a red/ green theme. But I have now agreed with the judges who valued this highly; I think it provides a striking and unusual image, with perhaps a Christmas starburst/ bauble quality to it, and what is more, it represents the BSBI's interests in vascular plants, and looking at plants in great detail. 


"Time" - Taraxacum agg. - Dandelion - Dant-y-Llew
Photographer: David Hill
Congratulations to David Hill, from Rhyl. David will be receiving a complimentary pack of these cards once we get them printed, and they will be available for all to buy. They will hopefully be on sale at the BSBI conference in Edinburgh (20th-21st Sept) and at the conference and exhibition meeting (and EGM to discuss the changes in BSBI's corporate structure) in Cambridge (23rd-24th Sept). I will also bring some to the Welsh Committee meeting in October. If you will be able to attend one of these events that will probably be the easiest way to buy them; however if not please get in touch to buy them directly from me - email me and I will let you know how to pay. I am anticipating receiving cash in person or cheques through the post but hope to also arrange online payment. 

The price will be 

  • £3 for 5 cards + envelopes
  • £5 for 10 cards + envelopes
  • £8 for 20 cards + envelopes
This is to include postage, and any profits will go direct to the BSBI.


No comments:

Post a Comment